Strong Instructional Models
Awesome Stories Website Turns Stories into Learning
- An online scaffold of primary, secondary and original content creates a platform for cross-curricular teaching for grades 3-16, across subjects.
- EdSteps– Student Work
What it is all about, after all!
- Curating Content
30 tools for aggregating and organizing content
- History of Information & StoryTelling
infographics communicate so much, from maps to periodic tables
- 40 Great Digital Classroom Tools
Survey of tools for creative student work
- Essentials of Project-Based Learning
From John Megendollar and John Larmer of BIE
- The Teaching Channel
Short videos of best practice lessons from a wide variety of schools
- Lincoln Center Institute
Developing skills of imagination, creativity, and innovation through education and the arts.
- Visual Evidence — Tufte on HD breakthroughs
Given the proliferation of information, breakthroughs in how we teach and communicate are required. Edward Tufte and his “beautiful evidence” concepts, including “sparklines” and “wavefields” are leading the way.
- BIG History High School Course Site
funded by Gates, lead by Prof. David Christian
- Faces of Learning
50 breakthrough learning stories, explore learning ideas from personal viewpoints, share your own stories.
- Expeditionary Learning Schools – PBL with nature, spirit, and discipline
Exemplary school model used in public, charter, and private schools across the country.
- All Kinds of Minds
Supporting multiple learning modalities
Over 40,000 learning units created and shared by teachers.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
The authority on teacher best practice, the board for teachers issuing a certification that is the ultimate attainment for teachers. Look here for best practice teaching standards, practice and professional development with excellence.
- Governor’s Education Positions
From Education Week: summary and links to each state’s governor’s major education policy initiatives.
- Restoring Our Schools- Linda Darling-Hammond
Insightful analysis of education needs by a national expert in teacher education and practice.
Finding education reform that works, and communicating about it in media and print– from the George Lucas Foundation
- Parents for Public Schools – Hawai’i
Concerned parents and community members working to ensure quality public education for each child or Hawai’i
- Facebook for HS History
Using Timelines Supports Classroom and Out of School Learning