Click here to read the full Education Week Article — “6 ways to Reopen:Schools”
Here are the major points:
1. Phased Reopening — some grades return to school while others work remotely or students from some grades attend school on some days while others come on the other days.
2. Multi-Track System — various student groups or grades attend school onsite different days.
3. Staggered Schedules — some students come to school in the morning, others in the afternoon.
4. Bubble Strategy — the same group of students and teacher stay together most or all of the day.
5. Cyclical Lockdown Strategy — schools open for periods, then close down while students learn remotely (eg. one week open/two weeks closed)
6. Year-Round Schedule — cohorts attend school for ~9 week periods, then learn remotely for a period, and would take a period off. There would be no longer summer break.