Deborah Bond-Upson founded LearningBond to:
- Support organizations to build and implement education innovations including media and technology integration, project-based learning, authentic, adaptive, and portfolio assessments, and teacher professional development,
- Deploy a comprehensive knowledge of the education industry and the public education system enabling analysis of market opportunities, the guidance of startups, partnership, merger and acquisition activities,
- Collaborate with a network of talented, experienced education, technology, business, and assessment experts,
- Promote a transformation of learning, accelerating learning innovation, reaching more students with more effective and delightful learning.
2020 PSA for Parents for Public Schools of Hawai‘i
2018 Quick Video from a Campaign to Fund Hawai‘i Public Schools
- Founding of Teacher Universe to support teachers with online teacher professional development, assessment, media and hands-on curriculum.
- Development and deployment of online computer adaptive teacher assessment for the state of Georgia.
- Kaplan test preparation redesign to prepare students for computer adaptive tests.
- Development and deployment of online GALAXY Classroom elementary hands-on science program, with simulations, online communications with characters, and a focus on collaborative learning.
- Consultation to the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards on the use of the video and portfolio assessment model for teacher evaluation.
- Support of the network of Expeditionary Learning Schools to develop online support for teachers and schools in intensive teacher professional development, project-based learning curriculum, publishing of student work, and advanced usage of assessment.
- Integration of NBC Learn media into core curriculum for districts in Texas and California and the state of Delaware.
- Work with operating non-profits, foundations, districts, and for-profits to develop collaborative proposals for education reform grants.
- Development of programs, websites, social media, online systems for Awesome Stories, the First Unitarian Church of Honolulu and Parents for Public Schools-Hawaii.
- Lifetime dedication to cross-curricular, project-based, collaborative learning emphasizing technology, assessment, media, science, and the arts.
- Parents for Public Schools of Hawai‘i blog
- Soulful Learning in a Wired World Sermon at the Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship
- Teach Each Education Challenges and Worthy Goals
- Powerful Data, Questionable Conclusions Review of “Waiting for Superman”
- Responsibility for Learning Sermon at the First Unitarian Church of Honolulu